Friday 5 March 2010

I.Journey..."Colour Blind"

"Where's your Red t-Shirt?" was a regular question I asked a friend and His reply "It is not Red, It is Orange". A simple answer of "In the Laundry Basket" or "I don't know" would have been just OK but I think he had enough of me constantly mixing up the Blues with the Greens and the obvious Orange with the Reds. Personally, I had enough explaining that I was obviously "Colour Blind".

A few years back, I can see myself swinging my feet while waiting impatiently for the hospital results of my tests, I clearly remember the Doctor saying "You failed your Colour test - you are Colour Blind". I sat there thinking "Who cares?".

It took me a while to accept that I was indeed Colour Blind and I seem to have inherited this from my Dad who is still unaware that the Blues are actually Greens and carries on winding up everyone who fails to understand what he actually wants - the Blues which do not exist or the Greens.

I'm Colour Blind to a lot of things.
I believe it is a state of mind in some ways.
I choose to see "Colours" how I want to see them and I can choose to see "people" or "situations" in the way that everyone else does or create my own "Colours" of who/what they really are on the inside.

I find life easier this way.

Sidetrack - Here's an article on the BBC on Passport Lottery

Why can't we go where we want when we want?

"In ancient Africa, I am reliably informed, tribes carried masks to identify themselves, or marked their faces in certain ways. But human beings being human beings, this obviously became a signal to identify friend or foe and much blood was spilt at the sight of a wrong looking face or mask" - BBC Africa